pgsql/src backend/access/hash/hashfunc.c backe ...

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src backend/access/hash/hashfunc.c backe ...
Date: 2002-02-25 04:06:54
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org 02/02/24 23:06:52

Modified files:
src/backend/access/hash: hashfunc.c
src/backend/utils/cache: catcache.c
src/include/access: hash.h

Log message:
I've attached a simple patch which should improve the performance of
hashname() and reduce the penalty incured when NAMEDATALEN is increased.
I posted this to -hackers a couple days ago, and there haven't been any
major complaints. It passes the regression tests. See -hackers for more
discussion, as well as the suggestion from Tom Lane on which this patch
is based.

Unless anyone sees any problems, please apply for 7.3.

Cheers,

Neil Conway