Re: SIGHUP to postmaster

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SIGHUP to postmaster
Date: 2002-01-25 13:22:14
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Stuart,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:42:15AM -0000, Henshall, Stuart - WCP wrote:
> Does any one know how to send a SIGHUP signal to the postmaster
> started as a service when logged in as Administrator on NT4? At the moment
> it complains of not being the owner.

What version of Cygwin are you using? I think that I recall problems
such as the above in the past. I just tried with a DLL that I built
from CVS on or about 2001-12-28 11:30 and had no problems. FWIW I'm
using Win2K SP1.

Another idea is to ssh into the postgres account (assuming that is the
user running the postmaster service) and issue the kill -1 from there.

HTH,
Jason