Can I contribute : " Soft Tuning PostgreSQL HOWTO "

From: Jean-Paul ARGUDO <jean-paul(dot)argudo(at)idealx(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Can I contribute : " Soft Tuning PostgreSQL HOWTO "
Date: 2002-01-24 15:16:23
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi all,

Bruce Momjian wrote an article about Hardware Tuning, on the 8th of
January 2002, wich is linked from techdocs.postgresql.org

I am DBA in an Open Source company in Paris, France. I wrote a SGML
document on Soft Tuning HOWTO. I use this document on every tuning
session of PostgreSQL customers want.

I am wondering if you could:
* tell me if you are interested in this document
* make a link to my doc (and / or host the document ??)
* correct posible mistakes of language
* have an advice on technical subjects (tell me if I say the truth or
not, if my advices are good or not)=> hackers?

If you are interested in this little contrib, please tell me, I'll send
the SGML source of the document.

I talk about many subjects on HOWTO make a PostgreSQL business databases
run faster.

For example (not yet in correct order):
* datatype
* btrees / rtrees and sequence based primary keys => index tree balancing
* vacuum, vaccumdb
* size of tables
* making archive tables to empty production tables
* symbolic links to move tables on different disks
* index or not index on tables? => litle tables should not often be
indexed,
* etc...

So, I hope this document to become a Cookbook on HOWTO soft tune a
PostgreSQL database.

Bruce wrote the HOWTO Hard tune database, I think this could be put
together to help DBAs.

Regards,

--
Jean-Paul ARGUDO IDEALX S.A.S
Consultant bases de données 15-17, av. de Ségur