Re: Error Writing/Reading Encrypted Values

From: <cnliou(at)eurosport(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error Writing/Reading Encrypted Values
Date: 2002-01-15 07:27:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi,

I really appreciate your lightening fast
helps/explanations!

I will wait and see any further enhancement to
pgsqlODBC. I will also monitor the evolution of
Borland's native postgresql driver for Linux.

Regards,

CN

[ begin of quote ]
> I presume all people want is a "raw" data extracted
> from database without any translation except for
> multi-byte characters.

I don't know the history but psqlodbc driver seems
to have been unchanged about this point since long.
Probably someone wanted this conversion long ago
for e.g. editing sentences with new lines and it's
pretty useful for Windows' users.
However it doesn't seem preferable for *nix clients
which don't need \r(Carriage Return)s for new lines.
I have seen the request to add an option to enable
/disable new lines conversion only once pretty long
ago.

[ end of quote ]

You too can have your own email address from Eurosport.
http://www.eurosport.com