The PGDG RPM packages don't seem to work for Mandrake 8.0

From: Mel Roman <mroman0837(at)rogers(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: The PGDG RPM packages don't seem to work for Mandrake 8.0
Date: 2002-01-13 03:57:40
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello:

I recently downloaded the PGDG RPMs from the site below:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.1.3/RPMS/mandrake-8.0/

I running Mandrake 8.0 (which came with postgresql 7.0) and wanted to move up to postgresql 7.1. I removed the old installation of postgesql 7.0 and then (using the Mandrake software manager) tried to install the 7.1 RPMs. I got an error message saying that this package was intended for a different architecture.

Is there some place I can get an RPMs for postgresql 7.1 which will work with Mandrake? Am I doing something wrong?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance,

Mel Roman
melroman(at)canada(dot)com