Re: HISTORY file

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: HISTORY file
Date: 2001-12-23 00:19:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry for the previous empty email.

This list looks great. As I said in 7.1, I do my best, but need help,
and it is good to get it. I like the new sectioning and I am sure the
item descriptions are improved.

How do you want to go from here? Do you want to maintain HISTORY, or do
you want me to keep generating the raw list of items and let you mark
them up? Or do you want me to keep maintaining it and use your new
template? HISTORY needs updating with new stuff added in the past
weeks. How do you want to do that?

> I've said it before, the HISTORY file really contains a lot of inaccurate
> information, not to say nonsense. Plus, I find the sectioning and sorting
> to be pretty peculiar.
>
> So I've tried to give it some better structure, correct the mistakes,
> improve spelling, and convert it to DocBook in one go.
>
> Attached is the result (only the 7.2 part). Let me know what you think.
>
> Btw., the item "Fire INSERT rules after statement" doesn't sound right.
> Rules generally don't "fire", to name one thing.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us