PyGreSQL and Unlinking Large Objects

From: Paul Tevis <ptevis(at)ghs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PyGreSQL and Unlinking Large Objects
Date: 2001-10-25 23:58:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Can anyone see why this code shouldn't work?

FID = 1
connection = pg.connect(dbname="validations-test")
connection.query("BEGIN")
result = connection.query( "SELECT oid FROM failures WHERE fid=%d" %
FID )
assert len(result.getresult()) == 1
oid = result.getresult()[0][0]
object = connection.getlo(oid)
object.unlink()
connection.query( "DELETE FROM failures WHERE fid=%d" % FID)
connection.query("COMMIT")

On the delete query I get "NOTICE: current transaction is aborted,
queries ignored until end of transaction block".

If I switch the order of the unlink and the delete, I get no such
message, but in neither case is the large object deleted. I actually
can't large objects to delete under any circumstances. Has anyone else
seen this behavior?

Thanks,

--Paul

Paul Tevis