Re: cvs tip problems

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Joe Conway <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs tip problems
Date: 2001-10-02 12:22:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Er ... wasn't that *you*?
> >
> > Yes. At the moment my toes are bright red and sore from being stepped
> > on, and I'm trying to get out of the way or figure out what the problems
> > are. I'm happy to continue to contribute things like this, but don't
> > like being held up then bypassed then ignored (cf current docs building
> > troubles). I'm frustrated.
>
> I think we are all just scrambing to get beta ready while the server
> reconfigures itself. :-) I don't see any fundamental changes being
> proposed. We are trying to plug leaks and are stepping on toes, or at
> least it looks that way sometimes. :-) I can yank my CVS build if it
> causes confusion once we get the main one working.

the reason what we have not gone beta as of yet, and will not for a little
whlie yet, is the disruption caused by re-merging all of the functionality
on the new server ...

docs have never been a hold up for beta in the past, not sure why you
consider them to be now, but they definitely shouldn't be something that
is 'rushed to go beta' ... tangents to bandaid a problem that needs to be
fixed, like the docs build, just detract from everything else that has to
get done, I think ...