Left Join/Outer Join

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Left Join/Outer Join
Date: 2001-08-21 13:25:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Martijn Beelen (martijn(at)connectux(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Left Join/Outer Join

Long Description
When using left join, I get the errormessage
"ERROR: OUTER JOIN is not yet supported"

I hope left-joins are supported, if not, at least the errormessage seems awkward...

Also, the use of extra parenthesis seems to make the interpreter get confused. When I put some extra parenthesis around a statement, I get parse errors...

Martijn Beelen

Sample Code
select * from (table1 left join table2 on table1.id = table2.id);
ERROR: OUTER JOIN is not yet supported

select * from ((table1 left join table2 on table1.id = table2.id));
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("

No file was uploaded with this report