JDBC driver converts search string patterns to lowercase

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC driver converts search string patterns to lowercase
Date: 2001-08-14 22:47:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bjorn Peterson (petbjo(at)bethel(dot)edu) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
JDBC driver converts search string patterns to lowercase

Long Description
The metadata class of the Postgresql 7.1 JDBC driver converts search string patterns to all lowercase. This means that if I want to use metadata.getColumns(null,null,tableName,"%") for example, the tableName will be converted to all lowercase, and will not match if my table names have any capital letters. I tried quoting the table names, but that didn't work either. I see no reason for the names to be converted to lower case, and it is extremely inconvenient to code a work-around for this.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report