Re: cygpath not found with standard install?

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: David Wynter <david(dot)wynter(at)btclick(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cygpath not found with standard install?
Date: 2001-08-09 02:23:12
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 10:24:57PM +0100, David Wynter wrote:
> Firstly should I send this to the list?

Yes, I would appreciate it if you did.

> I did reinstall the Cygwin core components (as defined in the only other
> posting to the pgsql-cygwin mail list) required by postrgesql for the build.
> I can also run cygpath happily from the directory that I am running the make
> from. In my environment that is
> '/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.2', i.e. standard.

I would not say that '/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.2' is
in any way standard. It really should be '/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.2'.

> One thing I
> remember is that my W2K installation used to be on D drive, I removed the
> old drive (was C:\) with the bootmanager so everything on D:\ is now on C:\.
> Is there some sort of configuration file for make that might still reference
> D:\,

Ah! What does mount indicate? My WAG is that it is still pointing to
D:\cygwin and not C:\cygwin. IIRC, setup.exe preserves the mounts for
/, /usr/bin, and /usr/lib. You may be able to get setup.exe to fix
your mounts. Otherwise, you will need to use regedit to clean up.

> This seems very unlikely, as I said, the cygpath works fine from the
> shell prompt and I imagine that make uses the shell environment directly.

What is the value for PATH? Does it include /usr/bin?

> I looked in profile in /etc and found nothing unusal their either, very
> frustrating.

Do you have valid /etc/passwd and /etc/group files?

> The standard distributed Postgresql has a JDBC driver that will not work
> with Turbine. I need to rebuild at least the JDBC driver to change the OID
> data type so that Turbine (uses Villages) works OK with BLOBs. I am not
> going to wipe out the cygwin installation as there are other things I have
> in there. If you have no further suggestions I will just have to build the
> JDBC driver outside the make enviroment that comes with postgresql I
> suppose.

OK, note that you can rebuild the JDBC driver on another platform (e.g.
Linux) if that is more comfortable. Remember Java is Java.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: 732.264.8770 x235