Re: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?

From: ncm(at)zembu(dot)com (Nathan Myers)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?
Date: 2001-07-03 22:39:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 01:13:08PM -0700, Joe Brenner wrote:

> Bill Studenmund <wrstuden(at)zembu(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > sourceforge for one. They were using MySQL, then changed.
>
> Did they really switch though? Tim Perdue's articles
> on the subject are really good, but I wasn't sure if he
> really did the switch, or just investigated it and never
> got to it for some reason. If you look at the "About"
> information up on the sourceforge site, they still seem
> to be talking about MySQL.

Current sources to SourceForge use features not supported in MySQL.
(I gather that SourceForge also has been made to work with Oracle.)
In fact, at last report the web site was running on a beta version
of 7.1, and that they were not planning to move to the released
version until a bug shows up that might affect them.

Nathan Myers
ncm(at)zembu(dot)com