Lost oid restoring dump with blobs

From: Volkmar Wieners <volkmar(at)hammerdeals(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Lost oid restoring dump with blobs
Date: 2001-06-21 17:45:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

I've a restoring problem with a pg-db contains images stored in blobs: I want
to copy the whole content of the db with a dump-file from a solaris
to a linux server (both postgresql 7.1.2). While inserting the dump
(created by pg_dump) pg_restore changes all "oids" of the blobs into new
ones. So I've no access to the blobs anymore because the old "oids" stored
in the tables. Is there a chance to tell pg_restore: "leave the original
oids untouched"?

I've alredy tried tar or archiver format (-Ft and -Fc), -o and -N in
many combination without success. Thanx for any advice!
cu,
Volkmar

--
Volkmar Wieners volkmar(dot)wieners(at)gmx(dot)de
hammerdeals.de AG http://www.wieners.net