Re: Cache for query plans

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Roberto Abalde <roberto(dot)abalde(at)galego21(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cache for query plans
Date: 2001-05-31 20:23:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:00:53PM -0300, Roberto Abalde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to implement a cache for query plans as part of my BSc thesis. Does
> anybody know what happened to Karel Zak's patch?

Hi,

my patch is on my ftp and nobody works on it, but I mean it's good
begin for some next work. I not sure with implement this experimental
patch (but usable) to official sources. For example Jan has more complex
idea about query plan cache ... but first time we must solve some
sub-problems like memory management in shared memory that is transparently
for starndard routines like copy query plan ... and Tom isn't sure with
query cache in shared memory...etc. Too much queries, but less answers :-)

Karel

> PS: Sorry for my english :(

Do you anytime read any my mail :-)

Karel