Patch to remove/report orphaned files

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch to remove/report orphaned files
Date: 2001-05-25 04:47:14
Lists: pgsql-patches

This patch removes old sort files on postmaster startup, and reports
orphaned database directory files during database vacuum.

I have not finished testing it yet, but it is almost ready.

I don't think it is necessary to check oid at snapshot time. It is
enough to check the minimum oid at startup of each backend. It doesn't
lock its oid checks because the number could be incremented with no
problems.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size