Can't connect to Postgresql on Win/2K

From: Kian Parsee <kparsee(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't connect to Postgresql on Win/2K
Date: 2001-05-10 20:42:37
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I have installed the latest version of cygwin, cygipc,
and postgresql on my win/2000 machine. Postgres
builds fine. The following commands are all
successfull:

ipc-daemon &
initdb
postmaster -i &

When I try to create the database using "createdb -h
localhost testdb", I get the following error:

pq_flush: send() failed: Invalid argument
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file,
not a socket
psql: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly.
This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally
before or while processing the request.
createdb: database creation failed

Can anyone help?