Re: stability problems

From: "Brent R(dot) Matzelle" <bmatzelle(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: stability problems
Date: 2001-03-30 20:32:50
Lists: pgsql-general

--- Lars Maschke <lars(at)gmeiner(dot)de> wrote:
> Hello Newsgroup
>
> I have stability problems with my Postgres 6.4 database. I am
> using PHP4.0.4
> and get access to the db. Sometimes when about 10-20 clients
> are using the
> website the postgres deamon shuts down and the message "no
> backend cache"
> appears. The processor ist at 60%-80% and about 10-15 postgres
> processes are
> on my linux machine. So what can i do ?
>
> My postgres-command is: /usr/lib/pgsql/bin/postmaster -B
> 2048 -i -o -F -D/var/lib/pgsql

Postgres has had multiple enhancements and bug fixes since
version 6.4. I have had over 50 clients running simultaneously
with no problems with Postgres 7.0.3 & PHP 4.0.4pl1 on Linux.
Please download and install a newer version. If you need any
help doing this then email the list. Don't forget to the dump
the database(s) first.

Brent