Re: Permissions

From: Heath Johns <public(at)elesi(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Permissions
Date: 2001-02-27 23:43:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks again for responding. :)

The solution that you posted would appear to be what I am looking for.
However IIRC, I think I tried that. I logged into the unix account
'heath' and I did a psql -u and typed in 'postgres' at the user prompt.
It believed me and let right on in. I kept on looking because I didn't
like the idea of anyone who had a unix account, regardless how trivial,
having what amounted to root access to the rmdbs.

Under the circumstances, I believe that would be the best option though.

Your help is much appreciated...

Heath Johns