pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib tables.tcl

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib tables.tcl
Date: 2001-02-26 05:15:49
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: ishii(at)hub(dot)org 01/02/26 00:15:49

Modified files:
src/bin/pgaccess/lib: tables.tcl

Log message:
Allow pgaccess to input Japanese. See included mail.

Subject: [HACKERS] pgaccess Japanese input capability patch
From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: teo(at)flex(dot)ro
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:41:14 +0900

Hi Teodorescu,

I have made patches which enable pgaccess to input Japanese characters
in the table editing window. As you might know, to input Japanese
characters, we first type in "hiragana" then convert it to "kanji". To
make this proccess transparent to tcl application programs, libraries
are provided with localized version of Tcl/Tk. The patches bind
certain keys to initiate a function (kanjiInput) that is responsible
for the conversion process. If the function is not available, those
keys will not be binded.

Comments?
--
Tatsuo Ishii