Re: beta5 packages ...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: beta5 packages ...
Date: 2001-02-23 21:16:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > I was wondering what open items are left? Are we ready to start the
> > release process with a docs freeze?
>
> I need some feedback on my commitdelay proposal first. If we add a
> runtime parameter to control that, it had better be documented.

I think we need to give up on the delay for 7.1.X. I don't see any
good/easy solutions. Looking at the existing proc bit seems like it
doesn't give us enough information to know if we should wait, and
because there really isn't much time between start commit and fsync(),
my idea is dead. I think we have to keep it at zero and try again in
7.2. We may have to get ugly and hack a bit change in the executor when
we are winding up the query. (yikes!)

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us