First-time JDBC setup with Jakarta! Whee!

From: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: First-time JDBC setup with Jakarta! Whee!
Date: 2001-02-19 20:07:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-jdbc

I could have sworn that we were splitting this list up,
to move the PHP and JDBC stuff somewhere else, but I can't
seem to find any reference to that on the web pages, so here
goes.

I've installed Jakarta Tomcat, and have it running, and
now I'm trying to get the postgres jdbc drivers installed.
I think I did it right (put the files int he right place,
cast the magic server.xml incantation, and now when I start,
I get:

FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setContextManager
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.SetParent.end(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchEnd(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.endElement(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.endElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java, Compiled Code)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java, Compiled Code)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java, Compiled Code)

Is it not finding my file, do I need better magic in the conf file,
or what?

--
Adam Haberlach | All your base are belong to us.
adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com |