Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kevin Lo <kevin(dot)lo(at)toptk(dot)com>
Cc: Jamie Walker <jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
Date: 2001-02-05 17:39:05
Lists: pgsql-ports

> > > My point was, it seems to run quite well under Win98 on my PC. Which is
> > > great cause I can shove it on the laptop and take it on holiday with me
> > > to play with! :)
> >
> > What! That is the first I have ever heard it runs on Win98. I assume
> > you are running Cygwin. Maybe the newer version has the stuff we need.
> > Can you supply the cygwin version?
>
> Not surprisingly :-) Someone followed my page to install PostgreSQL to
> Windows 98 last year, he told me that it runs on Win98 with no problems.
> Because I don't have Win98, I can't test it whether it works nor not.
> Well, I think PostgreSQL-7.0.x can run on Win98...

Updated FAQ item:

The database server can run on Windows NT, Win2k, and Win98 using
Cygwin, the Cygnus Unix/NT porting library. See pgsql/doc/FAQ_MSWIN in
the distribution or the MS Windows FAQ on our web site. We have no plan
to do a native port to any Microsoft platform.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us