Postgresql and JDBC

From: Wayne Johnson <wdtj(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql and JDBC
Date: 2001-01-29 15:53:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-jdbc

I've got some questions on using POSTGRESQL with JDBC. Some folks on the
Novice mailing list suggested I use the interfaces mailing list, but the
web site suggests that I should use another. Which mailing list is
appropriate.

I would like to do a read & update of a single record. I've seen several
examples of using JDBC to update an entire table, but I'm only looking to
modify a single record.

Is this a case where I should use getCursorName? How do I then do an
UPDATE to only modify that single record? Is this multi user safe? I've
tried the JDBC 2.0 updateXXX functions, but they are apparently not
implemented for Postgresql yet.

Are there any good (in depth) examples of JDBC out there? The only ones
I've seen are limited to a simple SELECT or UPDATE.

Thanks.

BTW, my complements to the POSTGRESQL developers on a nice product.

=====
Wayne Johnson, | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N. | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003 | then, have it your way." --C.S. Lewis