Re: [ANNOUNCE] Gedafe (the Generic Database Front-End) 1.0.0

From: David Schweikert <dws(at)ee(dot)ethz(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Gedafe (the Generic Database Front-End) 1.0.0
Date: 2001-01-27 11:44:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:21:53 -0500, Manika Dey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if Gedafe has the feature of graph
> for example if i am having data can it plot the data
> from the postgresql.

Hi Manika,

At the moment Gedafe is only a tool for making interfaces where you
view and edit tables. You can make very basic graphics by outputting
HTML into the list view (a view is used for displaying the table, so
that you can customize it). See the following screenshot:

http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/gedafe/screenshots/isgptp3.png

This was done in the database, the graphs are fields of a view...

For the future, a better reporting system is planned (using
PearlReports, a reports-generating module written by Tobias Oetiker).
With that system you will be also probably able to generate more
complicated graphics.

Ciao,
David

PS: Your e-mail doesn't seem to work.

--
_
__| |___ David Schweikert <dws(at)ee(dot)ethz(dot)ch>
\__,_|___/ http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~dws