Re: Postgres access using PHP3

From: John Poltorak <jp(at)eyup(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres access using PHP3
Date: 2001-01-19 21:32:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 04:13:21PM -0500, Andy Holman wrote:
> John,
> Not sure exactly what you mean. Do you know the
> column names to the table in the db or is that
> what you are trying to get? Or do you mean you
> are just trying to print out the results of a
> query into a drop down list?
>
> Let me know and I will give you some code.

Hi Andy,

I'm going to attach some sample PHP code which hopefully illustrates
what I mean...

The the first selection offers a list of monthnames. What I want to
do instead is provide a list of values from a table ie such as towns.
The selected town will then be used for the WHERE clause in a subsequent
SELECT.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

--
John

Attachment Content-Type Size
M:\repository\$$$.CDs\CORE_PHP\EXAMPLES\18-11.php3 text/plain 1.8 KB