Re: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL postmaster abort problem

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL postmaster abort problem
Date: 2001-01-02 04:01:21
Lists: pgsql-ports

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 12:12:18AM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > What led you to mark it DLLIMPORT anyway?
>
> I marked TransactionCommandContext as DLLIMPORT to get plpgsql.dll to
> link without unresolved symbol errors.

Please remove the src/backend/utils/mmgr/mcxt.c hunk from my patch -- it
is unnecessary. I was mislead by an unnecessary DLLIMPORT located a few
lines above my erroneous change to mcxt.c. Specifically, DLLIMPORT can
be also safely removed from:

DLLIMPORT MemoryContext CurrentMemoryContext = NULL;

The DLLIMPORT is only necessary in the corresponding header files (i.e.,
src/include/utils/memutils.h and src/include/utils/palloc.h).

Otherwise, you can wait for me to redo the patch once the remaining issues
settle down...

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235