Re: -F option

From: newsreader(at)mediaone(dot)net
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ccurley(at)trib(dot)com
Subject: Re: -F option
Date: 2000-12-12 00:51:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank you. I'm doing disk writes not nfs -- plain ide drive on
an plain dell celeron box. I see though that
'man fsync' does not come down to my level of literacy.

I'm quite reassured by your email and will turn on
-F switch in no time. Coupled with linux stability
I have a feeling that the probability of my losing any data due to
an os crash is smaller than that due to some natural disaster
striking the server.

kz