JDBC help

From: stuart hodgkinson <stuart(at)toasted-alien(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC help
Date: 2000-10-26 12:56:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Im having problems with visual J++ 6.0 (yeah it scabby but i have to use it). I've included the postgresql.jar file in the class path but it fails on the Class.forName("postgresql.Driver"); bit, what have I missed out? or is there some strange microshaft issue. Can anyone recommend a windows based java compiler that works well with postgres? urls infor appricaited!
Stoo