pg_dump does not reflect changes in column names with primary keys

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump does not reflect changes in column names with primary keys
Date: 2000-09-05 07:15:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Edward Pilipczuk (edx(at)pagi(dot)pl) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
pg_dump does not reflect changes in column names with primary keys

Long Description
If a table with primary key is created (CREATE TABLE), that implicitly forces also creating an index table, and after creation the name of that column is renamed (ALTER TABLE), the we get problem with indexing. The index table still behaves in "old fashion", i.e.,
it reflects the original primary key. It influences also pg_dump bahaviour. The error is reported when restoring data base dumped
previously by pg_dump utility. The workaround I've found here is to edit manually dump file in order to correct the name of the index table. Then restoring works fine.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report