Re: Migration

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migration
Date: 2000-08-08 14:59:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 02:39:45PM +0100, Christian Herbert wrote:
> Does anybody know how complicated the migration progress from postgresql
> 7.0.2 to oracle 8 would be??

Hmm, I'm not sure Don Baccus follows this list, otherwise I'd let him
answer this one (since it's his doc I'm going to point you at). Mostly
we like to encourage people to go the other way, but we all know there
are reasons why on might have to stop using postgresql.

Still, is there an interesting reason? Some feature missing that you've
got to have? The developer's would like to know!

Anyway, there's a porting guide for Oracle -> Postgresql at:

http://www.openacs.org/doc/openacs/html/oracle-to-pg-porting.html

You should be able to use that in reverse, as it were.

Ross
--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer