Re: RES: [GENERAL] Stored procedures returning multiple values... ?

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: Henrique Pantarotto <pantarotto(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: RES: [GENERAL] Stored procedures returning multiple values... ?
Date: 2000-02-28 15:59:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Henrique -
No, not stupid, just hard. I find it interesting that I read your
repost of your question immediately following a pair of postings to the
PGSQL-HACKERS list by Karel Zak about his implementation of cached/stored
procedures. ;-)

As it stands, the "stored procedures" in pgsql are really user defined
functions, and can only return values. Changing that is a major amount
of work, and hasn't happened for 7.0 (or 7.1) Karel Zak's work is also
post 7.0, I believe, unless The Powers That Be (the core developers)
decide that his changes are sufficently isolated s othat any bugs are
unlikely to affect other code.

In other words, no not yet, but soon!

Ross
--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer