Re: BUG #5196: Excessive memory consumption when using csvlog

From: Thomas Poindessous <thomas(at)poindessous(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5196: Excessive memory consumption when using csvlog
Date: 2009-11-19 05:59:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

for csv output, we have a 750 Mo logfile. But on another site, we have
an logfile of 1,6 Go and logger process was using more than 3 Go of
RAM.

Even with our configuration (log collector, silent mode and
csv/stderr), we launched potsgresql daemon like this :
pg_ctl -l ${HOME}/pgsql/logs/postgres.log start

so we have three logfiles :

postgresql.log (always empty)
postgresql-YYYY-MM-DD.csv (big file if set to csvlog)
postgresql-YYYY-MM-DD.log (always empty if set to csvlog)

Thanks.