Re: psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode

From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bhushan Verma <verma(dot)bhushan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
Date: 2009-09-01 06:54:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-novice

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Bhushan Verma<verma(dot)bhushan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> But my fedora 9 machine have as follows postgres version.
> rpm -qa|grep postgres
> postgresql-server-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
> postgresql-devel-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
> postgresql-python-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
> postgresql-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
> postgresql-libs-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386

Same here, please upgrade to 8.3.7 and see if you can reproduce the problem.

If so, please provide more information: a self contained test case
would be nice if you can build one or a backtrace as Heikki suggested
it.

If you can't upgrade for a good reason, please provide the self
contained test case so that we can check ourselves if it's still
reproducible with 8.3.7.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume