Re: type cache cleanup improvements

From: Жарков Роман <r(dot)zharkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: "Teodor Sigaev" <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: "Michael Paquier" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "Aleksander Alekseev" <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, "Pgsql Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: type cache cleanup improvements
Date: 2024-03-29 04:49:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Rest of patches, rebased.

Hello,
I read and tested only the first patch so far. Creation of temp
tables and rollback in your script work 3-4 times faster with
0001-type-cache.patch on my windows laptop.

In the patch I found a copy of the comment "If it's domain over
composite, reset flags...". Can we move the reset flags operation
and its comment into the invalidateCompositeTypeCacheEntry()
function? This simplify the TypeCacheRelCallback() func, but
adds two more IF statements when we need to clean up a cache
entry for a specific relation. (diff attached).
--
Roman Zharkov

Attachment Content-Type Size
mapRelType-v2.patch application/octet-stream 7.7 KB