PostgreSQL, WebObjects and fetchSize

From: Jan Willem Luiten <jwl(at)secondmove(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL, WebObjects and fetchSize
Date: 2005-05-11 13:47:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I just recently installed PostgreSQL. I'm using this in combination
with WebObjects 5.2. and am fairly impressed with Postgres.
Unfortunately I ran into a problem. I have a table containing a large
number of rows ( > 600.000). When using a displaygroup for batched
access I get an Out of Memory error.

This seems to be caused by the jdbc adaptor reading the complete
resultset instead of using a scrollable cursor. Is there a way to
solve this, eg by setting the fetchsize in some way?

Kind regards,

Jan Willem Luiten