RE: [INTERFACES] 8K query limit in 6.5?

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] 8K query limit in 6.5?
Date: 1999-07-13 15:11:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Why are these limits even an issue? Surely I should be able to adjust
certain constants in the code (and this would include constants to take care
of the tuple length) in order to adjust the performance of the system. I
realise that life is not that simple, but perhaps it could be made simpler
than it is now. At the moment, some of the constants used are pretty
useless, because they can't really be adjusted.
Can't we come up with a way to make this more amenable to adjustment?

Thoughts...

MikeA