viewing source code

From: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: viewing source code
Date: 2007-12-14 15:01:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

Is it possible yet in PostgreSQL to hide the source code of functions from
users based on role membership? I would like to avoid converting the code
to C to secure the source code and I don't want it obfuscated either.

In an ideal world, if a user can't modify a function, he/she shouldn't be
able to see the source code. If the user can execute the function, then the
user should be able to see the signature of the function but not the body.

Thanks!

Jon