Successful Install (linuxppc)

From: Geoffrey Kinnel <gk(at)d2465-hp4m(dot)lvl(dot)pri(dot)bms(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Successful Install (linuxppc)
Date: 1999-12-08 18:37:16
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,

Writing to let you know I got PostgreSQL up and running on the
following platform:

[PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu,
compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]

The "unknown linux" is linuxppc (R5), or more specifically
Linux version 2.2.6-15apmac. I'm running on a Mac 7600/132
with 48 Mb RAM.

Compile was clean (except Perl5 support, as expected). The Perl5
interface installed fine as root.

Regression tests passed with two minor exceptionsi. The geometry
test failed with small differences in floating point values,
as might be expected. Nothing I'm going to worry about.

The other test that failed was rules. There was a difference
in the pg_tables query and the shoelace query, both of which
resulted from an AS statement that's in the expected output,
but not actual.
(lines 1072 and 1086, approximately).

Hope that's somewhat helpful.

Thanks,