Port Bug Report: triggers are not loading 'c' functions

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: triggers are not loading 'c' functions
Date: 1999-06-25 13:14:01
Lists: pgsql-ports

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Camil Coaja
Your email address : camilc(at)altavista(dot)net

Category : runtime: back-end
Severity : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
Operating System : Linux 2.0.30 ELF Slackware 3.5

PostgreSQL version : 6.5

Compiler used : gcc 2.7.2.3

Hardware:
---------
Linux teddy 2.0.30 #1 Mon Aug 3 15:30:03 EEST i586 unknown
Intel P5-133 32MB RAM

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
make 3.76.1
flex 2.5.4

Problem Description:
--------------------
Upgrading from pg 6.4.2 I constated that the triggers from
contrib/spi/refint.c were not working. The data were simply
inserted, weather it existed a foreign primary key or not.

Modifying the sourceto log some messages I found out that
the function actualy never gets called.

Furthermore, after deleting the refint.so and killing and
restarting the postmaster I got no error messages stating
it cannot open the refint.so.

I don't know the actual program flow on execution to see
myself where it is going wrong. If someone can help me with
this please do.

Test Case:
from pgsql directory:

$ cd contrib/spi
$ make all
$ psql -f refint.sql [A_DATABASE]
$ psql -f refint.example [A_DATABASE]

As result I obtained the same listings as there were no
triggers

Solution:
---------