Port Bug Report: Joins (does not support outer, left, right)

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: Joins (does not support outer, left, right)
Date: 1999-05-31 13:28:08
Lists: pgsql-ports

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Deva Vejay
Your email address : devavejay(at)preveho(dot)com

Category : runtime: back-end: SQL
Severity : non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
Operating System : Linux 2.0.34

PostgreSQL version : 6.2

Compiler used :

Hardware:
---------
Redhat, Pentium II 400 128 m Ram,

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
We are trying to migrate our product to Linux! and our
backend to Postgresql!! The major problem we are in countering
is that our product uses tons of outer, and left joins.
We were wondering if there is any method of limiting the result
set of a quary to mimic an outer or left join with out using
the keywords outer and left.

Test Case:

Solution:
---------