General Bug Report: ECPG does not process Fetch

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: General Bug Report: ECPG does not process Fetch
Date: 1999-03-19 13:34:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Michael Markel
Your email address : mmarkel(at)njeb(dot)att(dot)com

Category : runtime: back-end: SQL
Severity : non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
Operating System : Linux 2.0.36 Elf Slackware

PostgreSQL version : 6.4

Compiler used : gcc

Hardware:
---------
Dell Pentium 2 350 128M Ram

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake

Problem Description:
--------------------
When I pre-process a program with ECPG, it always gives me a parsing error
when I come to the Fetch. I've tried it on multiple PCs with both Slackware and
Redhat and I have the same problem. I've even totally installed clean last night
with a fresh download of the latest version. If I take the same program and
pre-process it under 6.3 version of Postgres, it works fine.

Test Case:
I have no problem repeating it on any PC with a 6.4 version of postgres.

Solution:
---------