Re: Installation Procedure

From: Kris Winterrowd <krisw(at)prysm(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation Procedure
Date: 1999-01-29 11:42:43
Lists: pgsql-ports

>The version of Postgres (v6.4, 6.3.2, beta 981014, etc.).

Version 6.4.2 + v6.4.2-feature-patch

>Your operating system (i.e. RedHat v5.1 Linux v2.0.34).

Solaris 2.7 ("Solaris 7")

> Your hardware (SPARC, i486, etc.).

Sparc

> Did you compile, install and run the regression tests cleanly?
> If not, what source code did you change (i.e. patches you
> applied, changes you made, etc.), what tests failed, etc. It
> is normal to get many warning when you compile. You do not
> need to report these.

geometry .. failed
abstime .. failed
tinterval .. failed
horology .. failed

Being that these tests failed, does that prevent me from being able to
use PostgreSQL as a stable dbms for production projects, or is this
something I need not worry about?

Thanks again for all of the hard work you folks put into this project!! :)

Chris Winterrowd
krisw(at)prysm(dot)net
Prysm Network Operations Center
(800) 826-9795 / (318) 424-4638