[INTERFACES] Postgresql vs. Access97, TransferDatabase

From: Patricia Rodriguez-Tome <tome(at)ebi(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [INTERFACES] Postgresql vs. Access97, TransferDatabase
Date: 1998-11-24 19:29:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello everybody,

Thanks to all the previous mails (questions + answers) that went these lasts
days on this list I had (almost) no problems in installing the ODBC driver.

Now I want to transfert also an Access db to postgres.

I am doing it manually - ie table per table using the Save/As export in the
file menu
It is quite tedious. Has anybody found a faster way of doing it?

I am extremely unfamiliar with PCs and would like to keep my ignorance as
intact as I can ;-)

The final purpose is to build a CORBA server on top of the database, and I
rather do that on Unix + PostgresSQL!

Thanks for any ideas

regards

Pat R.Tome
Dr. Patricia Rodriguez-Tome | URL: http://www.ebi.ac.uk
R & D Coordinator
The EMBL Outstation, Hinxton - The European Bioinformatics Institute
Wellcome Trust genome Campus, Hinxton | Tel: +44 (0)1223 494 409
Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK | Fax: +44 (0)1223 494 468