Re: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: horak(at)mmp(dot)plzen-city(dot)cz (Horak Daniel)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org, JKraaijeveld(at)askesis(dot)nl
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success
Date: 1998-10-08 21:40:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi,
>
> I have successeed in porting PostgreSQL to Win NT. The patch that is
> included is for development version from Sep 15, but I think that the
> changes are version independent. The main difference from other port is
> the renamed system table pg_version (vs. PG_VERSION) to pg_ver - Windows
> file names are case insensitive :-) So this should be solved on a global
> level perhaps in main sources. And also the communication through
> AF_UNIX sockets is disabled. There are only two other changes:
> - added some flag while opening directory with open() syscall
> - changed flags for file descriptor in function pq_init()
> and that's all :-)

I have removed the data/base/*/pg_version file because it was never
used. We had removed the 'version' functions long ago, but
include/catalog/pg_version.h was still being processed by genbki.sh. No
longer. backend/command/version.c is also no longer compiled.

This should make your table changes unnecessary.