pb of library path

From: "Franck SGARD" <sgard(at)entpe(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: pb of library path
Date: 1998-09-21 17:24:42
Lists: pgsql-general

I finally went through the compilation of postgres. My last problem
was solved by using flex instead of lex.

However I had another problem when I tried to run initdb. It
seems that the library libpq.sl is looked for relative to the
directory where the command is launched from. for example the first
time I tried to run initdb I had a message like
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library:
../../interfaces/libpq/libpq.sl /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or
directory IOT trap (core dumped)

I solved this problem by running initdb for example from the
directory /usr/src/pgsql/src/test/regress. In this case the library
libpq.sl was looked for in /usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq so
that worked out.

How can I change the path of this library ? The path for libpq.sl
should be /usr/local/pgsql/lib and it seems that this library is
looked for in ../../interfaces/libpq ???

Franck Sgard
LASH/DGCB URA CNRS 1652
ENTPE, Rue Maurice Audin
69518 Vaulx-en-Velin Cedex