Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu (Thomas G(dot) Lockhart), tih(at)nhh(dot)no, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem
Date: 1998-08-27 05:17:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> > I can find no mention of that number anywhere in the sources.
>>
>> Isn't that OID above the system-reserved range (which goes to ~20000)?
>> So Tom's db is having trouble finding a function which he had defined
>> himself??
>>
>> - Tom
>>

>OK, this helps. It shows an error in the function DataFill that someone
>else complained about. Working on it now.
>
>The multi-key index of bootstrap is proving harder than I thought.

This morning I did cvsup to see if vacuum works. recompiled everything
and did initdb. But I got core dump of shell in the middle of
processing.

Looked like creating pg_user failing. So I did following command by hand:

echo "CREATE RULE _RETpg_user AS ON SELECT TO pg_user DO INSTEAD
SELECT usename, usesysid, usecreate -odb, usetrace, usesuper,
usecatupd, '********'::text as passwd, valuntil FROM pg_shadow;" |
postgres -F -Q -D/usr/mgr/t-ishii/src/PostgreSQL/anonCVS/data template1
POSTGRES backend interactive interface
$Revision: 1.86 $ $Date: 1998/08/25 21:34:04 $
> ERROR: cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_user
ERROR: cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_user

Removing sources and getting whole source tree doesn't help.
This is FreeBSD 2.2.6. I will check on different platform.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp