Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: meskes(at)topsystem(dot)de, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems
Date: 1998-08-24 22:03:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Bruce,
>
> I've done a "cvs update" of my tree since your changes.
>
> Firstly, configure.in seems to have reverted to it's original state
> where the HAVE_LONG* stuff was broken.
>
> I've fixed that in my source and run autoconf so that I could build.

OK, I am not dealing with configure.in again on this int64 stuff. If
someone wants to submit a patch to fix it, go ahead. No, "Just make it
look like ...".

> Secondly the problem seems to be exactly the same as before.
>
> "select * from pg_user" returns:-
>
> template1=> select * from pg_user;
> ERROR: Relation pg_user does not have attribute usename
>
> Creating a table gives a core dump:-

See if pg_attribute has any empty attalign values, = ' '.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026