Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems

From: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: meskes(at)topsystem(dot)de, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems
Date: 1998-08-24 21:43:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce,

I've done a "cvs update" of my tree since your changes.

Firstly, configure.in seems to have reverted to it's original state
where the HAVE_LONG* stuff was broken.

I've fixed that in my source and run autoconf so that I could build.

Secondly the problem seems to be exactly the same as before.

"select * from pg_user" returns:-

template1=> select * from pg_user;
ERROR: Relation pg_user does not have attribute usename

Creating a table gives a core dump:-

template1=> create table dummy ( dummy int);
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is impossible.
Terminating.
[postgres(at)sparclinux pgsql]$

I'm currently building with "-g" so that I can take a look at what's
happening.

BTW: I've recently switched from cvsup to cvs and my local tree was
fetched afresh at the weekend. (have done several "cvs update"s since)

I'll let you know the results.

Keith.

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>