Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup
Date: 2006-01-27 14:45:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
>> From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us]
>> The problem with this is that it creates an ABI breakage.

> Is that actually a problem given that apps should link to the driver
> manager (which can dynamically load any version of any driver), not
> directly to the driver itself?

Hm, good point. So the question then becomes whether the driver manager
is expecting this parameter to be int-sized or pointer-sized.

I took a quick look at the unixODBC sources (2.0.4 which is what I have
handy, I know it's a bit old) and got completely confused: I see the
parameter declared as SQLUINTEGER in some places and UDWORD in others.
Anyone know that code base well enough to be certain which place is
definitive?