embed postgres

From: "Stephen Ince" <since(at)opendemand(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: embed postgres
Date: 2007-07-24 23:18:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I am looking to embed postgres into an application on windows. I am fine
with it being a separate service. Here is what I am looking to do. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

1) Install postgres silently. Libs (dll) and data files.
a) What are the minimum files dll.
b) What .conf should I edit to state where the postgres home is located?
2) Start postgres when the app starts.
3) Stop postgres when the app stops.
4) Minimize the amount of postgres processes.

Steve